First we scraped off the Asian pin striping on all the glass doors. It came off really easily!
We took all the doors off and removed all the gold hardware. Unfortunately, it left a ton of holes in the doors.
I happened to have some dowel rods that fit perfectly in the large holes so we cut them to size and tapped them in.
We filled the rest in with putty and sanded them down.
Next, using the same wainscoting from the bookcase remodel, Hubs measured and cut them to fit into the door.
He used liquid nails to secure them and reinforced them with nails. More holes to fill in with putty. Yay.
Primed the doors and cabinet with 2 coats of Zinsser's primer, then 2 coats of satin finish white.
Taping the mirror was ridiculous!
Yes, I painted right in the dining room! These pieces were too heavy to move into the garage.
After days of painting and sanding and painting, it was ready to be put back together again!
Almost complete!! Just have to put the new hardware pulls on and fill it up!
Here is what it looks like today...
We absolutely love how it turned out!
Linking up to: